Friday 22 June 2012

LET'S GO!

Image taken from: Maiden Jane

Hello and welcome to my new blog! Whether you meant to stumble upon this or not, hi :)

WHO:

My name is Sarah-Rose I'm a 20 (almost 21 - eek) year old student living in London. I'm a perpetual Fashion Intern and Fashion Editor of my University Magazine.

WHAT:

This Sarah-Rose Sews... blog will be the sister site to my Sarah-Rose Goes blog. Where I will be posting projects and how-to-guides for little sewing and knitting ventures.

WHY:

Creating a site from which I can share and showcase my creative concepts and constructs has been something I've wanted to do for a very long time. In senior school I created a book which I filled with drawings of things I'd designed, fabrics, magazine cuttings and pictures which inspired me. For this entire year I have wanted to properly commence this idea.

I mentioned on my other blog (here) about a book I'd purchased and how I desperately wanted to be more physically creative - I feel both my degree and hectic lifestyle restrict this significantly. Sadly this post was in January and despite my lovely boyfriend purchasing me a mini sewing machine and deluxe sewing kit I've not had a spare moment to use them.

WHEN:

I'm going to be realistic and aim to complete a project a month. Any more and that will be a lovely bonus! I've taken on a lot of responsibilities in my what's about to be my final year at University and I need to prioritise my course - whilst being involved with some side interests to maintain my sanity.

9 comments:

  1. good luck with your new blog :)

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is such a lovely idea :) I hope your last year at uni goes well and that you manage to fit in some creativity too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the best with your new blog! :)


    withkittyinmind.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog and nice post ;) I will be here more often, I'm your new follower. Don't forget to visit my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome to blog world!!Of course I will follow you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Welcome to the blogging world! I really like your blog! I'm glad that I found it! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits, personal style, likes and much more :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete